Sunday, December 8, 2013

Super Yummy Chocolate Chip Muffins

Let me begin with the plain truth that I am a savory cook. I excel in salt and sauce and seasoned deliciousness. Sugar, though it is a wonderful thing...is not MY thing- as far as cooking goes. I have been trying to be patient with my measuring. I level things now...use the appropriate liquid or dry measuring device- but it is hard. I am a wing it kind of gal. I cook on the fly- with what I have. I taste and go from there. So you will understand why I am psyched that I actually made some rockin' chocolate chip muffins. True to form for me- I mixed and matched the recipes...and added a few of my own twists. They really do rock- trust me!

Now they may not look all that pretty. Like I said- I am not baker girl extraordinaire...so my decorating skills are lacking!!!  But the inside is filled with chocolate chips and heaven.

Feel free to play with the ingredients - and if you make a better batch please let me know! 

Here goes:

Super Yummy Chocolate Chip Muffins

you'll need-
1/2 c softened butter
1 c sugar
2 tsp bake powder
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla
few shakes of cinnamon
MIX this all together
 add 2 eggs- mix
add 1/4 cup buttermilk - mix
(I never have buttermilk on hand- so I just do 1/4 c milk and a splash of vinegar...let it sit for a bit and instant buttermilk) 
add 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 c white corn flour- mix all together till just moist!
***again- I added what I had and what I like...and I like that gritty feel that corn flour gives muffins...but not too much- this 1/2 c just makes the crust crunchy and that is gooooood***
ok- mix in semi dark chocolate chips...I had half a bag in the cupboard...but add what'cha like!
sprinkle the tops with a pinch of sugar...mmmmmmm then bake!
---next time I will probably sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top too...so they look prettier---

I did 350 degrees for about 25mins- but check it...because sometimes I get distracted :)


That's it...my yummy muffins!
Hope you enjoy.

~Casey









No comments:

Post a Comment