Thursday, August 14, 2014

Back to School Sweets



Daddy and Tage this summer in Oma's pool
Yes...it's that time of year again.

Summer ends and school starts.

I have really enjoyed having my boys home all summer this year. They are 6 and 9- and we have had a great few months! But reality of school starting is close..as we have meet the teacher this Friday! Yay! 1st and 4th grade begins a new adventure for us all :)

So with the start of school fast approaching- and me being a cheerful Mommy, always wanting the first of school to be exciting for my boys: I wanted share a post about a very talented friend who has found a great use of her already super artistic abilities. She is Erin Watson, of Erinlo Sew and So.



She and I met back in college and have remained in touch all these years.  Recently she started her own cake business. She also does murals, hooded towels and other items. She loves working with people to design one of a kind, creative products! But for now- let's focus on the cakes!

She makes fabulously decorated cakes ...lots of which I am about to show you.

wow- right


so sweet


I know oodles of little girls that would love this cake

Monster Awesome

one of my favorites

look at all of those green squares



simply stunning cakes

She rocks! Right??? She is based out of Orlando, Florida- so if you ever need a fantastic cake- please look her up: Erinlo Sew and So

So now to brag a bit about stuff she made for us :) Erin also makes cookies...the cutest ever...and she makes them for back to school! Perfect timing right!!!

variety of back to school cookies
So when she posted on Facebook that she was making a new batch for next week I jumped on it! Here are our cookies we had made for the boys, and a sweet little friend starting Kindergarten!


So cute - I can't stand it!
These will be going in the kids lunch boxes as a surprise on their first day. They will be so happy. Who doesn't love a special, giant cookie??? Thanks Erin!

She does other events too...

graduation



birthdays


favorite characters

teacher appreciation


I am constantly amazed at what lovely things she creates! So go check her out- and give her a like on Facebook! She is amazing- and if nothing else, you can be inspired by her designs and creativity!

It's bitter sweet starting school this year for me....but these cookies will certainly make it a little sweeter! 


Happy Back to School everyone!!! 

~Casey


Erin can also be found on Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment