Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Happy Friday the 13th!

While most people have a negative reaction to this date- I must say that it is my favorite date of the year. My husband proposed to me on a Friday 13th...and a plethora of other happy things have happened on this date! So...for my own cheerful memories- I wish everyone a happy day!!! 

The kids and I were out in the backyard a few days ago- inspecting out plants, looking for neat bugs- when we came across this sweet little Cuban Tree Frog. He has taken up residence in our birdhouse!

  Isn't he adorable? I think so- I love frogs!!!
look- his eyes are closed...he's sleeping!















































Later that day we played with some bake-n-clay...as Dain has named it! (it's really Craftsmart Polymer Clay) My boys are big time into Lego Ninjago at the moment.  The snakes are their favorite guys- and they are tough to find in stores...so-we made our own!
The boys were really careful and extremely creative I think- making these little figures.  You can see the real Legos mixed with the bake-n-clay ones! We baked them and when they were cooled the boys painted them to make them authentic! Pretty spiffy kids I got!

For the final installment of that day we come to dinner.  I love a good deal at the grocery store- and they had BOGO Italian Sausages...so I stocked up. We also picked up some really pretty Red Chard...so what did I wrangle up for dinner that night...

TaDa!!! 

This is the good stuff- look at the gravy....sooooooo good! 


Threw in some onions and garlic- because really...what meal isn't good with onions and garlic???
Oh- and a tiny bit of bacon I wanted to use up...I had a random 2 pieces...how did that happen?
Anyway-  made some mashed potatoes (and rice of course for my Filipino husband) and yum yum good!


The kids ate every last bite on their plates- red chard and all! What more could a mom ask for! :)

Once again- Happy Friday the 13th...enjoy the weekend!!!

~Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment