Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013

Remember when you were little and life seemed like it moved so very slowly. Time itself seemed to be ticking by at a snails pace...just waiting for that next birthday or summer vacation to come! My Mom used to tell me, as I complained about various things taking "F-O-R-E-V-E-R" ...to, "enjoy your childhood, because before you know it- you're all grown up, with kids and a job and life seems to move faster by the day." I may be paraphrasing a bit...but you get the gist! Life stops for no-one...and this New Year I am feeling it!

My boys.
I have two boys.  I always said I'd never have kids, yet here I am...two of them. I cannot imagine my life without them. Watching them grow is amazing...and I get what my Mom was saying all those years ago.  It does fly by.  Births to birthdays to riding bikes to singing along with mainstream radio...when did that happen? Yes, my boys are growing up every day, getting older, becoming people!

Ok...so they are still only 4 and 8.  Compared to how small they were originally though....heheheh

They got bikes from Santa this year. Watching my oldest ride off by himself...watching the freedom he experienced, the joy of being big and doing something on his own- it was fantastic! I beamed for them both with pride and a teeny, tiny dose of sadness as they grew up just a bit more that first day riding.  I guess this is what it is to watch your kids grow up?  I am very proud of them both- of the little people that they are growing into. I just wish those "stay little pills" my Nana used to talk about were real!

Happy 2013 everyone! Enjoy each day...because as Ferris Bueller says, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

~Casey


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I sometimes forget to take a moment and smell the roses. My son turned 22 on New Year's Eve - we spent the day looking at his baby book and comparing his baby footprints to the size of his foot now. Wow! Enjoy your sons, time really does pass quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana-
      I am so happy you stopped by! It's good to hear that even when boys get older..they still take time to sit with their Mom! Happy New Year to your family!

      Delete