Saturday, June 22, 2013

Chipotle Virgin


While out with the family today tooling around- we decided to stop for lunch. I was the food "getter" while everyone else hunted for a table. We went to Chipotle for the first time ever. Really!

Everyone ahead of me was whisking along and my turn comes up- I am fumbling around...I finally say to the gal behind the counter..."Um, this is my first time here- I guess I'm kind of a Chipotle virgin..." Oh the happiness from the employees that ensued followed me all the way down to the pay kiosk. I asked the guacamole girl if singing would start soon- she laughed and said LOUDLY  "Yes...it's your first time here! :)"  Then the cashier handed me a receipt and said "Thanks for coming out- have a super day!"  But what do I owe you I asked...then all the girls behind the counter huddled up and said with big smiles..."enjoy your first ever Chipotle Day!"

I do not know if that happens at this place often- but I just wanted to say that I am impressed...not because we got a free meal so much (though that was really cool) but because all the people behind the counter were pleasant, and smiling and, well--- friendly. Which is something that you don't see in abundance these days!

So to the Chipotle crew somewhere in WPB...you know who you are...I would like to say a big fat "Thank You!" because you not only made my little family's day...you instilled a tiny bit of kindness back into this world!

By the way...I had a chicken burrito with black beans and all the fixins...it was GREAT!

~Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment